There are plenty of gaming consoles available in the market and Xbox is among the best options. If you have one, this guide to sign in to an Xbox console using the https:// www.microsoft.com / Link Code web page will be very useful to you.
You can sign in to your Xbox console including Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, etc, with a number of methods. However, when you don’t have the correct credentials, you can sign in using a Passkey or Link code from the Microsoft website.
Https://www.microsoft.com/Link Code Xbox Sign in: What is it?
For those who don’t know, “https://www.microsoft.com/Link Code is a dedicated web page to sign in to your account on your Xbox console from a different device. It provides you with an alternate method to log in to your gaming console when you don’t remember the credentials.
Consider the instance when you have forgotten the email address and password to sign into your Xbox console or when you don’t want to sign in directly from the console, you can use this web page to sign in from a different device like your PC or mobile.
If you were wondering if the web page is fake and not real, then you are not correct. It’s a legitimate portal to sign in to your Xbox console using your Microsoft account. However, you should always stay safe from similar-looking pages that might be phishing attempts.
How to Sign in to Xbox using Https://www.microsoft.com/Link Code?
Here is the procedure to sign in to your Xbox console using another device and your Microsoft account. Make sure that the Microsoft account you are planning to use is linked to your Xbox console. If not, we have provided the method to add the Microsoft account below.
You can have a look at that first. But if it’s connected, you can simply log in to the account and get signed in on the gaming console. We have broken down the process into two simple steps. Just follow them and you’ll be done.
Step-1: Get the Link Code to Sign In to Xbox
The first step is to find the Link Code, also known as the Passkey, which is an alphanumeric code that you will need later to sign into your Xbox account. Follow these steps:
- Turn on your Xbox console and press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Now go to Settings, and then select “Profile & System.”
- Next, choose your existing Xbox account.
- Next, select “Use another device” on the next window.
You will see an alphanumeric code on the screen that is required to sign in using the https://www.microsoft.com/Link Code web page. Take a picture of this code, note it down somewhere, or simply keep the screen turned on. Now move to the next step.
Step-2: Sign in to Xbox using the Link Code
The next step involves using the Link Code or Passkey to sign in to your Xbox console. Follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on a different device, which could be your PC or mobile.
- Now visit this page (www.microsoft.com/link).
- Next, enter the code displayed on the screen of your Xbox console.
- After entering the code, click Next, and then enter the email of your Microsoft account.
- You can also enter your phone number or Skype ID associated with the account here.
- After that, enter the password for the account and select “Sign in.”
- Select “Yes” to stay signed in to your Microsoft account if it’s a trusted device.
- Finally, a notification will appear stating that you have signed in to your Xbox console.
That’s it. This is how you can use the https:// www.microsoft.com / link code web page to sign in to your Xbox console via Microsoft account.
In case you haven’t added a Microsoft account to your Xbox console or have forgotten which one is linked to it, you can add a new one to it anytime. Remember that this procedure works flawlessly on newer variants like the Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.
Follow the instructions available below:
- Visit this page and create a Microsoft account. If you already have one, skip to the next step.
- Now turn on your Xbox console and press the Xbox button to launch the guide.
- Next, go to Settings and then select “Profile & System.”
- Next, select “Add or Switch” and choose the “Add new” option.
- Here, enter the email address of the new Microsoft account.
- Next, enter the password of the new Microsoft account.
- Agree to the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statements with “I Accept.”
- Finally, configure the Sign In and Security Preferences.
That’s it. You’ll be automatically signed in to your new Microsoft account on the console after setting it up. However, you won’t have access to the data available with the previous one.
This is how you can sign in to your Xbox consoles using the https:// www.microsoft.com / link code web page with an existing or new Microsoft account. Remember that you can also recover your old Microsoft account in a browser using the linked phone number or email address.
In that case, you won’t have to sign up for a new account and lose your data. There are some more methods to sign in to your Xbox console. If you want us to write a guide covering all of them, please let us know in the comments. You can also seek further help from us there.